CMP members Vaclav Hlavac and Ondrej Holesovsky would like to invite you to the traditional CMP canoe trip. This time we chose Berounka river because it is close to Prague. Participants may find enough time to vote in EU Parliament elections in Prague before we depart. You can also cast your European Parliament vote in Liblin on Saturday morning if you have your "voter's certificate" with you.
Why should you go with us? It's almost sure you'll get to know some new CMP members. It's almost sure it's will be fun;;) You can say you do some sports ;) And we hope it will be a great experience.
You are also welcome to bring your partners and children!
- Photos from Berounka 2019
Taken by Stepan Obdrzalek, https://photos.app.goo.gl/gAHuAnuZCCURBbCt8
Taken by P. Mikesova and V. Hlavac, http://people.ciirc.cvut.cz/~hlavac/pub/Misc/FotogalerieVoda2019/
- Meeting point will be on Fri May 24 at 17:45 close to the Nove Butovice metro station. The meeting point is at Bucharova street, on its western side. The neighboring building is the Metronom Business Center, 50.0512558N, 14.3513261E. If you arrive by metro B (which is recommended), use the exit from the Nove Butovice station which is on the station side facing towards terminal station Zlicin. When you climb the first stairs, turn right. After you leave metro, you are still one level below the street Bucharova. It crosses the metro line direction perpendicularly. Turn right. You will se an escalator on your left hand. Use it and go one level up to Bucharova street. The meeting point is about 25 meters left from the escalator end. If lost or delayed, call Vasek Hlavac on his mobile phone +420 603 149.
- Any ideas, suggestions etc. please send to Vaclav Hlavac and/or Ondrej Holesovsky.
- Please register here each person separately. If the registered person will not paddle and be in a boat (porcelan in Czech), note it in the comment part of the registration form.
- Registration is valid after the payment. This year you should pay is 1 200,- CZK/person to account No. 441716143/0800, IBAN CZ52 0800 0000 0004 4171 6143 (Subject: CMP canoeing and your name). The registration covers the bus ride, renting canoes and other gears, overnight in the camp site.
CMP canoe trips have been organized since 1994. A single bus full of CMP members, ex-members, friends and their families/friends go together for a weekend to have fun and enjoy some nice Czech river.
To make the trip as comfortable as possible, we will order a bus that will go along the river with us and take our luggage. So you only need to carry a few things in your boat.
What river?Berounka. This river is suitable both for begginers and advanced paddlers. See the detailed description. See the river description for canoeing (kilometraz in Czech) in pdf.
Where will we sleep?We will stay both nights at the same place, at the camping site Kobylka, close to village Liblin. We will overnight in our own tents. You should bring your camping gear with you. VH asked if some cabins are available. The answer was that Germans have holidays and all cabins are booked up. There is the restaurant in the camp. There is a restaurant in a nearby village Liblin too.
Who is registered already?
Friday May 24, 2019
- Departure of the bus is planned at 18:00 from a place close to Nove Butovice Metro station. You are supposed to be there at 17:45. The departure is not entirely fixed because we have not made an arrangement with the bus company yet.
- Arrival at Camp Kobylka (river kilometer 103.5) close to the village Liblin approx. at 19:45.
- The camping site has a restaurant - please have enough cash with you as they most probably won't accept cards.
Saturday May 25, 2019
- Canoeing starts by Dolany bridge (river
kilometer 124.8). The planned departure of the bus from the camp is at
9:00 a.m. The bus will take us to the starting
point by ther river from our camp. Canoes and other equipment
will be brought there too.
We can discuss the shorter trip from the ferry Nadryby (river kilometer 118).
- The length of the Saturday trip is 21.3 km.
- There are lunch places on the the way.
- Arrival in our canoes back to the camp Kobylka.
Sunday May 26, 2019
- Canoeing from the camping site <>Kobylka towards Zvikovec, camping U Varskych (river kilometer 81.6).
- The length of the Sunday trip is 21.8 km.
- There are lunch places on the way.
- Departure to Prague at around six o'clock in the afternoon.
What do I need to take with?
- A tent, a sleeping bag.
- Appropriate clothes (everything at least twice), a raincoat.
- Some tennis or rubber shoes to the boat are necessary for your safety if you appear out in the water.
- Food for you and a cooker / pot if you need it (you can use a fireplace in the camping site, or, if you prefer, you can buy breakfasts, dinners.
- A music instrument would be welcome.
Other things like boats, safety vests, paddles, and barrels to keep your stuff dry in the canoe will be arranged for all registered participants. If you do not need any of those because you, e.g. have your own, write it into the comment part of the registration form.