E33OTS - General Systems Theory
This course is run in "Consultation Mode".
Regular meeting time: Wednesday, 7:30am, room K5, Karlovo namesti
13, building E.
Wednesday November 3, 7:30am
We will study relevant material from books and discuss them at the
meetings. Every attendee will receive photocopies of the material at
- Entropy: definition, properties.
- Contingency analysis for structure hypothesis.
- Optimal histogramming.
- Sample estimators from entropy, Kozachenko-Leonenko estimate,
bias and variance, leave-one-out method, jackknife method.
- General system: definition.
- Modeling dynamical systems, mask.
- Selecting proper mask to minimize generative uncertainty.
- Selecting base variable resolution.
- Maximum entropy system reconstruction from partial systems.
- Estimating system structure by systematic decomposition.
- Examples, case studies.