- Photos from Sazava 2020
Jan Danek, Vaclav Hlavac
Please send your photos to Vaclav Hlavac. He will publish them here. If you like to get photos in higher resolution, tell it to Vaclav Hlavac.
- Czech Television, Channel 1 in the main news on May 30, 2020: Clip about CMP Canoeing 2020
- Financial settlement of advances
by Vaclav Hlavac on Mon June 1, 2020.
Detailed financial settlement. Details about the amount paid to Bisport.
Summary: Amount received from participants: CZK 11,250; amount paid to Bisport 9,450 (notice the discount CZK 1,050 which V. Hlavac obtained because he has been a "frequent flyer"; residual CZK 1.800; Number of participants who paid 47; Surplus per paying person: CZK 38.3; This amount is so low that it does pay back to return to accounts of participants. V. Hlavac will give the surplus of CZK 1,800 to Petra Zufnickova and it will be used for the next CMP New Year party held at CIIRC.
- Vaclav Hlavac closed the registration registration on Mon May 25, 2020 at 12:20. We have 50 participants registered. I talk to the rental company.
- We have 43 registered by Monday May 19, 22:16.
- Vaclav Hlavac paid on May 19, 2020 for 20 canoes and other equipment for the Bisport company. Mrs. Rihova from Bisport told me that the current water level in Tynec nad Sazavou is not enough for this section of the river. We count with the river section from Kacov to Cesky Sternberk today. If there is rain, I can change it about two days before the trip.
- I do not close the registration. I will manage a few newly registered together with the Bisport company. I will close the registration on Monday, May 25, at 11:59.
- If you withdraw from the trip, let me know immediately.
- I will settle the account with the participants after the tour. I expect to pay you back a small amount.
- For beginners: Take with you only little things. You will carry them on the boat. Everything must fit into one waterproof barrel. You will need second pair of shoes to the boat. Old sport shoes are good as they are fixed to your leg. They should not float away when you step on the stony bed of the river. Ask an experience colleague.
- Any ideas, suggestions etc. please send to Vaclav Hlavac.
Dear CMP members and friends, I (Vaclav Hlavac) would like to invite you to the traditional annual CMP canoe trip on Saturday May 30, 2020. COVID-19 makes this year event different. I choose the one-day trip on Sazava river and the easy travel from/to Prague by train. (i.e. without a bus and an overnight stay as usual). We will use the service of an established company Bisport, which makes the organization easy.
Why should you go with us? It is almost sure that you will meet some new people besides traditional paddlers. It might be fun as many times since 1994. Let us hope that it will be a great experience.
You are also welcome to bring your partners, friends and children!
- I closed the registration on Mon May 25, 2020 at 12:20. We have 50 participants registered.
- Please do not register any more. If the registered person will not paddle and be in a boat (porcelan in Czech), please note it in the comment part of the registration form.
- Registration is valid after the payment. This year you should pay is CZK 250 CZK per person to account No. 441716143/0800, IBAN CZ52 0800 0000 0004 4171 6143 (Subject: CMP canoeing and your name). The registration covers renting canoes, paddles, life jackets, barrels for your things to carried in the boat. Note (VH 2020-05-11): I set the pay to CZK 550 by mistake in the first announcement. I forgot that the boat hosts two paddlers.
- I can take a few more registration. Please register and pay as soon as possible. The latest moment for the registration is Monday, May 25, at 11:59.
- We welcome singles. Note it in the registration form, please. The pairing of paddlers is not a problem usually.
CMP canoe trips have been organized since 1994. A single bus usually (we will travel by train in 2020) full of CMP members, ex-members, friends and their families/friends go together for a weekend to have fun and enjoy some nice Czech river.
What river?Our destination is the river Sazava. We have two options, which section of Sazava river we will take. The selection depends on the amount of water in the river. The default option assuming enough water is the river section from Tynec nad Vltavou to Pikovice. If the current drought continues, we will select the river section from Kacov to Cesky Sternberk. Both considered Sazava river sections suitable both for begginers and advanced paddlers. See the detailed description. See the river description for canoeing (kilometraz in Czech) in pdf.
Participants in 2020
Vaclav Hlavac, Hlavacova Johana, Vitezslav Hlavac, Mirko Navara, Maja Navarova, Jirka Fruhbauer, Martina Fruhbaeurova, Vladimir Smutny, AlenaSmutna,AnnaMarie Smutna, Alena Smutna, Jindra Drabkova, Jaromir Drabek, Martin Matousek, Katerina Matouskova,JanDanek, Jana Dankova, Julie Dankova, Eliska Dankova, Matij Dolezalek, Alex Barinov, Anastasia Ostapenko, Nikita Sokovnin, Daniel Vecerka, Daniela Vecerkova, Ema Vecerkova, Vojta Vecerka, Klarka Vecerkova, Daniil Pastukhov, Lenka Richterova, Kateryna Zorina, Marketa Jureckova, Hana Hlavaeova, Marie Polackova, Anastasia Livochka, Andriy Dmytryk, Michal Vavrecka, Julia Skovierova, Ivan Medonos, Gael Ecorchard, Petra Ecorchard, Goulven Ecorchard, Elen Ecorchard, Jan Kreps, Matyas Vavrecka
Saturday May 30, 2020
Option 1 From Tynec nad Sazavou to Pikovice if there is enough water in the river. V. Hlavac selected Option 1 on May 28 after discussion with Bisport
- Meeting at the Praha Hlavni nadrazi railway station, in front of a large train announcement display, middle passage at 8:05.
- Departure of the train is at 8:24. Arrival to Tynec nad Sazavou is 9:48.
- We will rent our canoes and other needed canoeing gear at Bisport office in Tynec nad Sazavou. Canoeing starts nearby (river kilometer 19.3).
- There are lunch places on the the way.
- Arrival in our canoes Pikovice (river kilometer 3.5). The length of the trip is 15.8 km.
- We wil take the train to Prague from nearby Petrov u Prahy station. Suitable departures are 14:14 (arrival Praha hl. n. 15:07), 15:14 (arrival Praha hl. n. 15:59), 16:42 (arrival Praha hl. n. 17:37), 17:43 (arrival Praha hl. n. 18:37).
What do I need to take with?
- Appropriate clothes (everything at least twice), a raincoat.
- Some tennis or rubber shoes to the boat are necessary for your safety if you appear out in the water.
- Food for you. Count with the case that it might be difficult to eat in restaurants due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Two hobby cords (konickovaci snura in Czech). The company Bisport does not provide it.
Other things like boats, safety vests, paddles, and barrels to keep your stuff dry in the canoe will be arranged for all registered participants. If you do not need any of those because you, e.g. have your own, write it into the comment part of the registration form.