Prof. Vasek Hlavac with CMP PhD students Alexander Shekhovtsov and Tomas Jenicek would like to invite you to the traditional CMP canoe trip. This time we are going to the river Otava from Friday May 26 to Sunday May 28 2017.
- The trip is over, thank you all. Photos from the trip are in a gallery and you can download them as a zip file
- The starting point changed from Annín / Radešov to Sušice
- The departure location was set to Radlicka
- Registration was closed with the total amount of 43 participants. See you on water!
- The first camp was changed to Velké Hydčice, so that people don't have to reassemble their tents. The bus will take us from there to the start of our ride, Annín.
- Registration deadline set to 19th May.
- Payment details provided
CMP canoeing trips have been organized since 1994. A single bus full of CMP members, ex-members, friends and their families/friends go together for a weekend to have fun and enjoy some nice Czech river.
This year our destination is the river Otava. This river is mostly calm, suitable even for beginners, and surrounded by a beautiful natural scenery. This year, there is a possibility to start higher on the river and to ride also the more adventurous upper part of the river.
To make the trip as comfortable as possible, we will order a bus that will go along the river with us and take our luggage. So you only need to carry a few things in your boat.
Why should you go with us? It's almost sure you'll get to know some new CMP members. It's almost sure it's gonna be fun :) You can say you do some sports ;) And we hope it will be a great experience.
You are also welcome to bring your partners and children!
The date is set on Fri 26 - Sun 28 May 2017.
Where?Annín - Katovice
People registered so far*/ ?>
- Departure of the bus is planned to 5 p.m. from Radlicka
exact location is shown in the map (GPS 50.0583511N, 14.3892856E)
- Arrival at camping site Velké Hydčice. We will stay in this camp for both nights.
- The camping site has a restaurant
- Canoeing starts from Sušice. The bus will take us there from Velké Hydčice (planned departure of the bus at 8:00 a.m.).
- The length of the Saturday trip is 14 km.
- There are places to get luch along the way.
- Arrival back to camping site Velké Hydčice.
- In the evening, you can visit village Velké Hydčice, have a meal in the local restaurant, or visit several sites near by such as the ruines of castle Prácheň, the Brejcha watermill, or just have a rest at the Rosenauer legacy tree.
- Canoeing from the camping site to Katovice (15 km)
- Lunch on the go
- Departure to Prague in the afternoon / evening
Optional Upper Part of Otava [Canceled due to water level]
- This year, you can opt-in to ride also the upper part of Otava
- This trip starts in Radešov (6 more kilometers in the first day), but if the weather will be on our side, it is possible to start from Rejštejn (additional 1 km)
- This is the most beautiful and whitewater part of the river that is boatable this time of year
- If interested, indicate please so in the registration form and if enough people will be willing to ride this part, we will coordinate it with the bus driver and the boat rental company
- The two groups will join in Annín and continue together, so you will not miss anything
What do I need to take with?
- A tent
- A sleeping bag
- Appropriate clothes (everything at least twice)
- Some tennis or rubber shoes (they'll get wet for sure)
- Food for you and a cooker / pot if you need it (you can use a fireplace in the camping site, or, if you prefer, you can buy breakfasts, dinners, and Saturday lunch in restaurants; Sunday lunch is planned to be on the go)
Other things like boats, life jackets, paddles and barrels will be arranged for all registered participants.
The cost is 1200 CZK per participant. You will pay in advance (by paying, you actually confirm your reservation; see below). No meal is included in the price. If there is some money left after the trip, we will return everything (the expected cost is lower but we want to have a reserve).
To register for the trip, first of all please fill in the registration form. Your registration will become valid once you pay the registration fee.
Your payment should be done in favor of bank account 3727962001 / 5500 (IBAN CZ6655000000003727962001), Raiffeisenbank a.s., Prague, Czech republic. The message for recipient should contain the text "Canoe / Your Name".
The deadline for registrations is 19th May.
List of participants
People registered so far