I am a Professor and a head of the Department of Cybernetics of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering of the Czech Technical University. I am a head of a small Biomedical Imaging Algorithms (BIA) group, which is a part of the Center for Machine Perception. My research mainly involves algorithms for medical and biological image processing. I am always looking for new collaborations and new projects, so if you have some interesting image data you need to analyze, feel free to contact me.
News and messages
- Our article Pinheiro, Kybic, Fua: Geometric Graph Matching Using Monte Carlo Tree Search has been accepted to IEEE PAMI. Congratulations to Miguel! (1-12-2016)
- Our grant proposal Learning local concepts from global training data for biomedical image segmentation and classification was accepted by the Czech science foundation. (25-11-2016)
- Our article Borovec, Kybic: Binary pattern dictionary learning for gene expression representation in drosophila imaginal discs received a Best paper award at the MCBMIAA2016 workshop. Congratulations to Jirka!
- Two articles from our group (by Jef Vandemeulebroucke and Marian Uherčík were considered to be among the 20% of the best scientific results of the last five years in the Czech Republic. (13-Nov-2016)
- Jan Hering has started a postdoc in our group. Welcome! (1-Nov-2017)
- I have talked at a workshop on biomedical data analysis organized by the Institute of Physiology on October 25. (7-Oct-2016)
- I gave a three day PhD course on numerical optimization at the University of Oulu. (20-Sep-2016)
- Our article Nava et al.: Characterization of Hematologic Malignancies based on Discrete Orthogonal Moments was accepted to the IPTA2016 conference. Congratulations to Rodrigo. (2-Sep-2016)
- Our articles Švihlík et al.: Langerhans islet volume estimation from 3D optical projection tomography and Borovec, Kybic: Binary pattern dictionary learning for gene expression representation in drosophila imaginal discs were accepted to the MCBMIAA2016 workshop at ACCV. Congratulations! (2-Sep-2016)
- Our article Habart et al.: Automated Analysis of Microscopic Images of Isolated Pancreatic Islets was accepted to the Cell Transplantation journal. (20-Jun-2016)
- The ISBI 2016 conference I have co-organized is now over. (18-Apr-2016)
- I am now a member of the IEEE Bio Imaging and Signal Processing Technical Committee (BISP). (13-Apr-2016)
- Our article Martinez et al.: Fully-automated classification of bone marrow infiltration in low-dose CT of patients with multiple myeloma based on probabilistic density model and supervised learning was accepted to Computers in Biology and Medicine. Congratulations to Francisco! (1-Feb-2016)
- Job offer: I am looking for new PhD students, post-docs, or experienced independent programmers for various projects concerning analysis of images in biology and medicine, for example histology slice registration or perfusion CT data processing. The candidates should have very good knowledge of programming, mathematics, and image processing. If you are interested, please send me your CV, recommendation letters, sample publications, study result reports and other relevant documents. The positions are open until filled.