Prof. Vasek Hlavac with CMP PhD students Vladimir Petrik and Milan Sulc would like to invite you to the traditional CMP canoe trip. This time we are going to the river(s) Ticha Orlice - Orlice from Friday May 29 to Sunday May 31 2015.
Thank you! Here are the photos :)The trip is over. It was a nice weekend and we'd like to thank all paddlers for the amazing atmosphere they created.
Thanks to Stepan Obdrzalek we also have a lot of photos and a few videos from the trip. The full archive is also available for download.
CMP canoeing trips have been organized since 1994. A single bus full of CMP members, ex-members, friends and their families/friends go together for a weekend to have fun and enjoy some nice Czech river.
This year our destination are the rivers Ticha Orlice and Orlice. These rivers are calm and suitable even for beginners. The rivers are surrounded by a beautiful natural scenery.
To make the trip as comfortable as possible, we will order a bus that will go along the river with us and take our luggage. So you only need to carry a few things in your boat.
Why should you go with us? It's almost sure you'll get to know some new CMP members. It's almost sure it's gonna be fun :) You can say you do some sports ;) And we hope it will be a great experience.
You are also welcome to bring your partners and children!
The date is set on Fri 29 - Sun 31 May 2015.
Ticha Orlice and Orlice river
- Departure of the bus is planned to 5 p.m. from Hotel Akcent (Stroupežnického street, near Na Knížecí)
- Arrival at camping site Tyniste nad Orlici where we will stay for the both nights
- The camping site has a nice restaurant
- Canoeing starts from Plchovice (the bus will take us there from the camping site).
- The length of the Saturday trip is 22 km (departure at 8:00 a.m.).
- Lunch on the go.
- Arrival at camping site Tyniste nad Orlici.
- In the evening you can visit town Tyniste nad Orlici or spend a time in the restaurant where several types of beers and alcohol-free sodas ("Malinovka") are offered.
- Canoeing from camping site to HK Svinary (23 km)
- Lunch in Krnovice.
- Depending on the mood and weather the possible goal stations are: Krnovice, Blesno, HK Svinary
- Departure to Prague in the afternoon/evening
What do I need to take with?
- A tent
- A sleeping bag
- Appropriate clothes (everything at least twice)
- Some tennis or rubber shoes (they'll get wet for sure)
- Food for you and a cooker/pot if you need it (you can use a fireplace in the camping site, or, if you prefer, you can buy breakfasts, dinners, and Sunday lunch in restaurants; Saturday lunch is planned to be on the go)
Other things like boats, life jackets, paddles and barrels will be arranged for all registered participants.
The cost is 1000 CZK per participant. You will pay in advance (by paying, you actually confirm your reservation; see below). No meal is included in the price. If there is some money left after the trip, we will return everything (the expected cost is lower but we want to have a reserve).
To register for the trip, first of all please fill in the registration form. Your registration will become valid once you pay the registration fee.
Your payment should be done in favor of bank account 220602898 / 0300 (ČSOB). The message for recepient should contain the text "Your Name - CMP Canoe Trip 2015".